Articleship in CS
The Institute of Company Secretaries has issued a notification on new rules for CS Articleship, and those rules became active on February 3, 2021. In accordance with Regulation 46BA and 46BB of The Company Secretaries (Amendment) Regulations, 2020, the new training structure will become operational on February 3, 2021. These regulations are part of The Company Secretaries (Amendment) Regulations, 2020.
Executive development program after Executive Programme
Following the conclusion of this course, the student is required to complete a practical training period that lasts for 21 months. After the student has finished the practical training that lasts for 21 days, they are required to participate in the Corporate Development Programme, also known as CLDP. The length of time spent on this program is determined by ICSI and often falls within the range of thirty to sixty days. Following the completion of the Professional Programme comes the occurrence of this training.
Now, let's get a better understanding of each form of training in more detail:
- Program for the Development of Executives
- As was previously indicated above, this activity is carried out in two distinct ways: 15 of the questions are answered in a traditional classroom setting, while the other 15 are answered via the ICSI E-learning site. That indicates that the duration of this Executive Development Programme is a total of thirty days.
- Both the in-classroom mode and the online version of the EDP are available to the students concurrently.
- The student is responsible for their own registration in order to participate in EDP. Through the website at https://stimulate.icsi.edu, registration may be completed.
- An electronic learning platform that is open to users may be found on the newly created site of the ICSI.
- There is a cost of Rs. 2,000 that must be paid in order to participate in this program.
- Exemptions from EDP: Certain modes of exemption are also accessible and relevant; for instance, if you have finished 15 days of an Academic Programme under the former structure, one is qualified to gain exemption from the requirement that they complete 15 days of classroom EDP.
- CS Training in the Real World
- Only after finishing the first education and preparation period (EDP) can the practical training begin. In order to graduate, a student must first complete 21 months of practical training, a requirement that will become effective on February 3, 2021.
- If a person is already receiving training in accordance with the stipulations of an older training structure, then the student may continue and finish the training in accordance with the aforementioned structure if they are already receiving instruction.
- The student is free to make the transition to the new training framework that was introduced by the CS (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 whenever he or she sees fit.
- According to the new guidelines, a total of 52 leaves may be taken over the 21-month training period that falls under the New Training framework.
- This so-called practical training is really nothing more than an internship program, the goal of which is to provide the student with training inside certain organizations alone.
- The time commitment for the program is equal to 21 months.
Lessons learned from running this program
As a trainee, one will not only obtain hands-on experience but also get a significant amount of knowledge about the procedures that are carried out in the role of the company secretary. This is not going to be restricted to the following-
1. The Formulation of Legal Reports and Other Documents In addition to this, the student will become an expert in preparing legal documents such as resolutions, notices, draught answers to Notices, agreements, and so on.
2. Exposure to the many fields pertaining to finance, taxes, etc. CS trainees acquire valuable hands-on experience by collaborating with finance industry experts during the creation of financial documents. This is particularly true during the closing work on financial papers.
3. Exchange of information Additionally, the required communication skills, such as how to speak professional English, will be learned and improved upon. Since a company secretary must interact with a variety of parties and stakeholders, including directors, banks, and shareholders, it is essential that they have excellent communication skills in addition to an increased level of vigilance.
4. Self-Directed Instruction The significance of learning to take initiative and acquiring the ability to be receptive to the introduction of new concepts and areas of study will also be a benefit.
- Program for the Development of Leadership in Corporations
- The Corporate Leadership Development Programme comes in last but certainly isn't in last place. This curriculum is finished after the Professional Program has been successfully completed, along with the practical training, and the EDP for one month.
- The length of time spent in training ranges anywhere from thirty to sixty days.
- Prior to submitting an application for membership in the ACS, the Institute may extend or shorten the time period.
Everything There Is to Know About the CS Articleship
Every student has to keep in mind that the article is not only one of the most difficult jobs but also one of the most significant jobs. For the sake of their development and education, the students should treat this time of training with the seriousness it deserves. They should make the most of this educational opportunity since it is just the beginning of their professional path and they should recognize its significance.